There are a number of reasons why the Sonnox Oxford EQ plug-in has become the EQ of choice for the quality-conscious audio professional. First of all, the Oxford EQ was created by the same team that designed the Sonnox Oxford OXF-R3 console. The Oxford OXF-R3 is considered to be one of the best sounding consoles ever made, which comes as no surprise considering that the designers were the original design team that poroduced the SSL E series consoles. This team of audio fanatics, whose underlying design philosophy is sound quality first, used the exact algorithms that they created for the OXF-R3 console in the Oxford EQ plug-in.Sonnox Oxford EQ HD-HDX Plug-in at a Glance
- On-the-fly calculations for analog response
- 4 selectable EQ types
- Sonnox Oxford EQ types
- De-Cramping is Oxford EQ's prime feature
The concept behind Sonnox's Oxford EQ plug-in is to provide an EQ that does what an analog EQ does and then add in the extra features that only digital technology can provide. Most EQ plug-ins are based on a lookup table. That means when you sweep through the frequencies and gain control, you are actually sweeping through presets. Your settings are determined by the software designer's choices, not yours or the requirements of the music. The Sonnox Oxford EQ does its calculations on the fly using 48-bit double precision calculation. The result is that you get the frequencies you select, not the software designer.4 selectable EQ types
The Oxford EQ also features four different selectable EQ types that cover the EQ styles currently popular amongst professional users, including some legacy styles which are renowned for their artistic capability. It is a fully functional 5-band application with selectable shelf settings on LF and HF sections. Additionally, separate variable slope lowpass and highpass filters are provided.Sonnox Oxford EQ types
- Reciprocal/Symmetrical Q is a linear EQ derived from the SSL E series consoles.
- Oxford Specialty super-narrow Q is for surgical correction of frequencies.
- British EQ is a buzzword of EQs. It means the Q reacts along with the boost control for a more musical EQ. As you boost, the Q is tightening, which is what the human ear expects.
- Oxford Specialty Constant Power EQ is most useful for mastering. It features a super-wide Q and provides subtle change over a wide spectrum.
De-Cramping is Oxford EQ's prime feature In most EQ plug-ins, if you select a frequency and boost, the graphic display shows an even curve upwards and downwards around the center frequency. Due to the calculations necessary at 1/2 the Nyquist theorem for the downward slope, hi-frequency cramping occurs so that most of the energy is in the upward slope or lower frequencies. This means that while your GUI shows a boost at 14k, you're actually boosting at about 8k due to the cramping in the downward slope. The Sonnox Oxford EQ reshapes the down side of the slope as the inverse of the upward slope so that the high-frequency energy is equal on both sides of the center frequency.
The use of novel coefficient generation and intelligent processing design provides unparalleled performance that surpasses analogue EQ in both sound quality and artistic freedom. This plug-in may well provide all the EQ you will ever need.Sonnox Oxford EQ HD-HDX Plug-in Features
- 5-band parametric design
- Selectable shelf settings on LF and HF sections
- LF and HF filters provide up to 36dB/Octave slope
- 4 selectable EQ types
- Fully de-cramped HF response
- Support for sample rates up to and including 96kHz
- Fully automatable (including separate automation for A and B settings)
- Includes 6 plug-ins in total for optimal DSP usage
- Mono and stereo versions of EQ, filters, and EQ and filters
- Mac/PC, AAX Native, AAX DSP or TDM
The classic sound of the OXF-R3 in a plug-in with the Sonnox Oxford EQ!
Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.