While the Western world was preoccupied with its Fuzz Faces, Tone Benders and others, the Eastern world was bubbling up with plenty of fuzzes of its own. This very distinct era in fuzz history gave us many treasures that have been crowned fuzz legends—the Univox Super Fuzz, Ibanez Standard Fuzz, Ace Tone Fuzz Master, Shin-Ei Companion and several others.
Our 76 offers up a comprehensive guided tour to the best that the Standard Fuzz and its ilk has to offer without any of the drawbacks, such as a quiet signal or fragile wiring. On its face, the 76 gives you a multi-voiced germanium-equipped fuzz unit that gives you hints of octave-up snarl while it ruthlessly pummels your amp with hair and fangs.
Aside from standard volume and fuzz controls, and unlike the original Standard Fuzz, the 76 also gives you a texture control that sweeps the midrange, effectively giving you many flavors of fuzz across several positions. A three-way color switch offers a little frequency scoop, but the center position is off, for full-frequency fuzz madness.
The internals contain two DIP switches that alter the character of the unit. The first, clip, changes the clipping stack from the stock Standard Fuzz arrangement of two germaniums into a hybrid germanium-silicon arrangement. Engaging this switch opens the sound up, increases crunch and definition for a searing lead tone.
The other switch, Dark, engages a treble cut on the input, which helps to prep the incoming signal for the fuzz onslaught. This switch should be engaged if the 76 follows a bright dirt pedal or a jangly set of pickups.
The new Standard Fuzz is here and is a forced to be reckoned with, leveling audiences with its punishing buzzsaw grind and unbridled harmonics. The 76 is your favorite fuzz nerd’s favorite fuzz.Features
- Fuzz: Turning the Fuzz up ranges from a little crunch to more gain than you could ever want.
- Texture: This control adjusts the mid frequency of the 76. Go from a deep scoop to a mid-drenched grind with a simple twist
- Level: Adjusts the output volume, with more than enough on tap.
- Color: Switches between three different frequency ranges, from scooped to full-frequency fuzz tones.
UNDER THE HOOD
- Clip (internal DIP): When on, the 76 employs germanium diodes for a spongier signal and a harder clipping threshold. When off, a silicon-germanium combo is employed, opening the fuzz signal up a little more. The default is on.
- Dark (internal DIP): When on, the 76 cuts a good amount of treble from the input signal, useful for single-coils and wicking away treble from anything before it. When off, the treble cut is lifted. The default is off.
- Input: Instrument or other pedal goes here.
- Amplifier or other pedal goes here.
- True bypass footswitch:
- Turns effect on and off.
- The 76 requires a center-negative 9VDC power adapter with at least 5mA of current (not included). Almost all power supplies meet this requirement.
- 4.77" x 2.6 x 1.39" (121.1 x 66 x 35.3mm)
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.