A handcrafted ribbon mic that delivers superior sound quality and exceptional performance.
The R-101 is a mono, passive ribbon microphone utilizing a patented offset-ribbon transducer and a 2.5-micron ribbon element. The R-101 is hand-built in Royer's Burbank, CA facility and delivered at a price point suitable for home studio use and live applications.
The R-101 is a new breed of modern ribbon microphone, designed for studio work and demanding live applications (particularly live electric guitar and brass). It incorporates many features pioneered by Royer Labs, including an advanced multi-layered wind screen for superior protection from air blasts and plosives, a patented offset-ribbon transducer, and an internally shock mounted ribbon transducer system which provides greater isolation from shocks and vibrations, and reduced proximity effect for closer miking with less bass buildup. Throw it on a guitar cabinet, hit record, play it back, smile.
The ribbon element's smooth frequency response and phase linearity impart a warm, analog feel to digital recordings, where the depth and realism on playback feels more like tape rolling than digits being computed. A perfect choice for electric guitars, brass instruments and drums, the R-101's figure-8 pattern also conveys superb ambience and depth when used for room miking applications.
Patented Offset Ribbon Technology
The R-101 incorporates Royer's patented offset-ribbon technology and a low mass, 2.5-micron aluminum (99.9% pure) ribbon element. The ribbon transducer's flux-frame and rare earth Neodymium magnets create a powerful magnetic field which increases sensitivity while reducing stray magnetic radiation.
The R-101's offset-ribbon transducer (Patent # 6,434,252) positions the ribbon element towards the front (logo) side of the microphone body. This proprietary arrangement gives the ribbon element more room to move within the prime magnetic field and maintain full frequency response during high SPL recordings. It's an integral part of the magic in all Royer R-series microphones.
The offset-ribbon transducer also gives you the option of a brighter response when recording lower SPL sound sources on the backside (3 feet and closer; phase reversed in this position). The backside of the mic is often preferred on vocals, acoustic guitars and other stringed instruments.
Like all Royer mics, the R-101 comes with a lifetime warranty to the original owner and the first re-ribbon is free.
Royer R-101 Microphones Matched Pair FEATURES
- High SPL capabilities for electric guitar and percussion
- Multi-layered windscreen provides superior protection to ribbon element
- No internal electronics to overload or produce distortion up to
- maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high-frequency peaks, "ringing" and phase shifts
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Lifetime warranty, 1st re-ribbon is free
- Applications:Close mikingElectric & acoustic guitarsDrum overheads, kick drum Percussion instrumentsBrass, horn sectionsStrings-solo & sectionsAcoustic pianoVocalsLive events-recording and sound reinforcement
Royer R-101 Microphones Matched Pair SPECIFICATIONS
- Acoustic Operating Principle: electro-dynamic pressure gradient
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Generating Element: 2.5 micron aluminum ribbon
- Frequency Range: 30HZ - 15,000HZ ±3dB
- Sensitivity: -48 dBv Ref 1 v/pa
- Output Impedance: 300" (nominal) balanced
- Rated Load Impedance: 1500" or greater
- Maximum SPL: > 135dB
- Output Connector: male XLR 3-pin (Pin 2 Hot)
- Dimensions: 7.9" L X 1.4" W (200mm L X 36mm W)
- Weight: 483g (17 oz)
- Finish: matte black
- Accessories: shock mount, carrying case, mic sock
- Optional Accessories: Pop screen
- Ribbon Element Warranty: One Year
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.