When developing the M-48 live personal mixer, RSS set out to make "personal" monitoring truly personal. The M-48 does just that. It gives each performer onstage the capability to take charge of 16 stereo groups, controlling volume, panning, a 3-band EQ, and reverb for each group - very flexible. Assisted by the S-4000D distribution system, all channels and power come to the M-48 via discreet Cat 5e. But, that's just the start of the M-48's amazing feature set. Keep reading to get the whole story on the RSS M-48 live personal mixer.RSS M-48 Live Personal Mixer at a Glance
- Adjust custom settings for up to 16 stereo groups
- Problem-solving "extras," including an ambient microphone
- Super-convenient connectivity - both via input and via output
- Conveniently mounts to any microphone stand
- For optimum control, it integrates seamlessly with the M-400 V-Mixer
- Can connect to any existing console via an RSS Digital Snake system
- Superb audio quality, thanks to 24-bit, 40x40 REAC Cat 5e technology
- Requires the S-4000D REAC splitter with embedded power
The RSS M-48 gives onstage performers an unprecedented level of personal mix control. Each performer can control levels of 16 stereo groups, assigned and spread out across the M-48's knobs in any order. The M-48's knobs support multiple functions - by engaging different switches, you can control volume, panning, a 3-band EQ, and reverb settings. There are even LED ring indicators, so you'll receive visual feedback as you dial in levels on dimly lit stages. Worth noting, a "dimmer" switch" on the rear panel lets you adjust the level of the M-48's entire LED spread, in case you need to keep it discreet in a particular stage environment. Add to all that a limiter function, so you'll have built-in protection against sudden volume spikes.Problem-solving "extras," including an ambient microphone
RSS's M-48 is impressive from its personal controllability standpoint, but RSS certainly didn't stop there. Each M-48 is packed with welcome problem-solving extras. For starters, there's an ambient microphone on each M-48. Instead of pulling out earbuds to hear someone who walks up to talk to you, you can just bring up the ambient microphone level and leave in your earbuds. Or, keep the ambient microphone on all the time, to get a sense of what's happening onstage. Beyond that, there's an aux input, so you can connect up an MP3 player, a metronome - any other device you want mixed into the primary sound. Plus, each M-48 features an 1/8" recording output, so you can record your personal mix to a portable recorder - perfect for recording rehearsals and practicing along at home.Super-convenient connectivity - both via input and via output
The RSS M-48's convenient connectivity includes the aux input and recording output mentioned before - both very handy. The M-48 also offers two 1/4" TRS outputs, so you can feed wedge monitors to supplement each M-48 mix. Possibly even more handy, the M-48 offers both 1/4" and 1/8" headphone inputs with an attenuation knob. Working in tandem with the volume knob, you can adjust the M-48 to accommodate any set of headphones or earbuds.Conveniently mounts to any microphone stand
You can put the RSS M-48 within comfortable reach of any performer onstage. Using the included mounting bracket, you can simply mount it to any microphone stand. The bracket is even designed with a removable headphone hanger and accessory tray - so you can keep 'phones, a pencil, and a portable recorder all handy onstage.For optimum control, it integrates seamlessly with the M-400 V-Mixer
If you seek the most flexibility from your M-48 system, you'll want to pair it with the RSS M-400 V-Mixer. With it, you can setup, maintain, and control 40 channels of monitor output to each M-48 connected to the system. In fact, it will auto-recognize each M-48 and let you name each one. It's also packed with memory recall, making it easy to set each M-48 up exactly the way you had it the last time. And if, for example, you have performers onstage who may not want to mess with controlling their own M-48, the M-400 lets whoever's running sound control volume, pan, and EQ of all of the channels remotely.Can connect to any existing console via an RSS Digital Snake system
While the M-48 excels when used as a part of a larger RSS system, it's also ready to integrate into any other console setup you've got going already. If you're setting it up with an existing console, you'll want either the S-1608 (16-channel) or the S-4000S (40-channel) Digital Snake. Then, simply connect your PC to the serial port onboard either snake, and you can take charge of the setups and presets using included system-management software.Superb audio quality, thanks to 24-bit, 40x40 REAC Cat 5e technology
If you're not already familiar with Roland's REAC (Roland Ethernet Audio Communication) technology, then prepare to be impressed by its excellent audio quality. Roland has managed to develop a low-latency, high-quality digital audio transfer system, all via lightweight, inexpensive, and easy-to-install Cat 5e cable. Over one Cat 5e cable, the REAC technology can transfer 40x40 channels of 24-bit digital audio - and it's immune to the problems associated with analog transfer methods, such as hum and buzz.Requires the S-4000D REAC splitter with embedded power
Adding to the REAC technology, RSS has developed "REAC Embedded Power," which enables the transfer of not only digital audio, but also power - all via one Cat 5e cable. The necessary S-4000D Splitter and Power Distributor (sold separately) features 10 REAC ports, including eight ports of REAC Embedded Power. The system automatically detects and distinguishes a product not supporting REAC Embedded Power. In that case, it will instead function as a standard splitter on that port.RSS M-48 Live Personal Mixer Features
- Enables personal, flexible control of 40 channels onstage
- Supports level, EQ, panning, and reverb adjustments for each channel
- Features a built-in ambient microphone and an auxiliary input
- Recording outputs lets you record your mix to a personal recorder
- 1/4" and 1/8" headphone inputs with attenuator, for use with any headphones
- Mounts to the top of any microphone stand with included bracket
- Included bracket features a headphone hanger and an accessory tray
- Optional bracket (sold separately) supports mounting to the middle of stands
- Integrates seamlessly with the Roland M-400 V-Mixer
- Can work with any existing analog setup through use of RSS Digital Snakes
- Settings are recallable and remote controllable - via M-400 or PC software
- REAC technology transfers audio and power via discreet and inexpensive Cat 5e
- Number of Input Channels: 43 (40 in, 1 Stereo Aux in, 1 Ambient Mic in)
- Number of Output Channels: 4 (1 Stereo Line out, 1 Stereo Phones out)
- AD/DA Conversion: Sample Rate: 96.0kHz or 48.0kHz or 44.1kHz, Signal Processing: 24 bits
- Dimensions: 11-3/4" (W) x 6-3/4" (D) x 2-11/16" (H)
- Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz. (M-48), 1 lb. 6 oz. (Mounting bracket and bracket tray)
The RSS M-48 readies you for serious personal mixing flexibility!
Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.