RME's Fireface UC continues the Fireface legacy, but this time trades in FireWire for USB. Using a newly developed RME Hammerfall core, the Fireface UC is capable of super-low latencies when running multi-channel audio. Two different firmware versions with different transfer methods are used, effectively removing the current restrictions of USB. I/O is plentiful, as the Fireface UC boasts two mic pres, ADAT, and S/PDIF, for a total of 18 input/output channels plus MIDI I/O. Latency is nearly non-existent on both Mac OS X and Windows Vista with the Fireface UC.RME Fireface UC 24-bit/192kHz USB Audio Interface at a Glance
- 18-in/18-out interface
- Cross-platform performance
- Built on RME's stellar legacy
- TotalMix integrated DSP mixer
- Analog I/O
- Digital I/O
The Fireface UC works on both the Windows and Mac operating systems. In fact, the compact Fireface UC has been uncompromisingly optimized for highest performance under either platform. Based on a newly developed RME Hammerfall core the Fireface UC provides revolutionary ultra-low latencies even with multiple channels. It uses two different firmware versions with different transfer methods to remove current restrictions of typical USB audio interfaces. The unit's operating mode Win or Mac can be changed directly at the unit at any time. Under Mac OS the Fireface's MIDI ports are class compliant, the operating system therefore automatically uses the included MIDI driver. Under both Operating Systems the available latencies are incredible. The smallest buffer offered under Windows Vista has 48 samples, under Mac OS X 14 samples. With this RME provides a performance comparable to PCI Express interfaces - under USB 2.0.Built on RME's stellar legacy
The Fireface UC features all of the proven RME analog and digital circuitry. It is the only device in its class with active jitter suppression, enhanced stand-alone functionality and complete controllability from the front panel, highly flexible I/Os in professional quality, and an unsurpassed 648-channel matrix router - all at sample rates of up to 192kHz.TotalMix integrated DSP mixer
All inputs and outputs can be freely mixed, routed, and distributed with RMEs TotalMix software. Up to 9 totally independent stereo submixes can be set up. Every output channel, and every submix channel can be recorded directly and without external cable loops. TotalMix can be completely MIDI remote controlled. The DSP-based hardware calculates RMS and Peak levels for all channels, without causing any significant CPU load.Analog I/O
Eight analog inputs and outputs (all balanced, except outputs 7/8) with software controlled reference levels (-10 dBV, +4 dBu, Lo/HiGain), realized discretely in the analog domain, ensure high dynamic range and fidelity. Inputs 5 through 8 on the rear panel feature RME's proven level references, -10 dBV, +4 dBu and Lo Gain can be selected in the settings dialog, equivalent to +2 dBV, +13 dBu and +19 dBu for digital full scale. The same applies to the balanced rear analog outputs 1 to 6. The hi-power phones output offers high volumes even with low-impedance headphones.Preamps
Preamps are arguably one of the most important links in the signal chain, and the Fireface UC boasts sensational pres. The Fireface UC features 2 balanced microphone inputs with a digitally controlled input stage, individually switchable 48V phantom power, and Neutrik Combo connectors for XLR and TRS. These can also be used as additional line inputs. A pre-amplification of up to 65dB (adjustable in 1dB-steps over a range of 55dB), exceptional EIN (Equivalent Input Noise) performance even at low pre amplification settings, and extremely low THD+N let these preamps surpass many reference devices. All level settings are 100% reproducible and can also be comfortably adjusted by software. Inputs 3 and 4 are flexible universal balanced inputs. They operate exactly like inputs 5 to 8 on the rear and can be adjusted to accept standard studio input levels (+4 dBu, LoGain). The input impedance can be switched from line (10 kOhm) to instrument (470 kOhm), and offers an additional analog input amplification of up to 18dB in steps of 0.5dB.Digital I/O
The inclusion of ADAT I/O provides digital connection to mixers and converters. In combination with an ADI-8 DS/QS or OctaMic II, there are up to 16 analog inputs (respectively 12 @ 96kHz). The coaxial SPDIF I/O (up to 192kHz) is fully AES/EBU compatible. SPDIF can also be accessed through the optical I/O. A Word Clock input and output plus two MIDI I/Os (special breakout cable included) complete the list of features and turn the Fireface UC into an entire audio system of the highest quality.RME Fireface UC 24-bit/192kHz USB Audio Interface Features
- 18-in/18-out audio interface
- Sample rates up to 192kHz on all I/Os (including 2 ADAT channels with SMUX4)
- Input AD: 6 x 1/4" TRS (4 x Line, 2 x Line/Instrument), 2 x XLR/TRS Combo (2 x Mic/Line), all servo-balanced
- Output DA: 6 x 1/4" TRS, servo-balanced, DC-coupled signal path. 1 x 1/4" TRS unbalanced
- Input Digital: 1 x ADAT optical or SPDIF optical, SPDIF coaxial (AES/EBU compatible)
- Output Digital: 1 x ADAT optical or SPDIF optical, SPDIF coaxial (AES/EBU compatible)
- MIDI: 2 x MIDI I/O via breakout cable (4 x 5-pin DIN jacks), for 32 channels low-jitter high-speed MIDI
- Word clock
- Dynamic range AD: 110dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- THD AD: < -100dB (< 0.001 %)
- THD+N AD: < -98dB (< 0.0012 %)
- Crosstalk AD: > 110dB
- Dynamic range DA: 110dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA (unmuted)
- THD DA: -100dB (0.001 %)
- THD+N DA: -96dB (0.0015 %)
- Crosstalk DA: > 110dB
- Input/Output level for 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
- Input/Output level for 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Input/Output level for 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
- Sample rate internally: 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 128, 176.4, 192kHz
- Sample rate externally: 28kHz - 200kHz
- Frequency response AD/DA, -0.1dB: 5Hz - 20.4kHz (sf 44.1kHz)
- Frequency response AD/DA, -0.5dB: 1Hz - 43.3kHz (sf 96kHz)
- Frequency response AD/DA, -1dB: 1Hz - 80kHz (sf 192kHz)
- SteadyClock for maximum jitter suppression and clock refresh
- TotalMix: 648-channel mixer with 42-bit internal resolution
- Driver support, Windows: Windows XP (from SP2), Vista, Vista 64, 7: Full ASIO multi-client operation of WDM and ASIO 2.0. WDM (DirectSound) with stereo and multi-Channel support
- Driver Support, Mac: Mac OS X (10.5 or higher) Intel: Core Audio, Core MIDI
Compact desktop horsepower with RME's Fireface UC!
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.