The Headload Prodigy is a combination load box and DI that lets you drive your guitar amp at a higher output in order to maximize the tone, yet produce a lower stage volume when needed.
Like the larger Headload, the Prodigy employs custom made cement-encrusted ceramic-coated resister coils to convert the excessive power from the amplifier to heat and is able to comfortably withstand up to 100 watts RMS. The Prodigy may be used in three different ways, depending on the need: First, it may be used as a direct box via the built-in Radial JDX Reactor. The hugely popular JDX combines a reactive load with a proprietary filter bank to emulate the tone of a 4 x 12 half stack. This features 100% discrete class-A circuitry for optimal tone and transformer isolation to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Designed to replace a microphone, the JDX delivers greater consistency while eliminating concerns such as stage resonance, bleed from other instruments and problematic room acoustics which can play havoc on the tone.
Second, the Prodigy may be used as a load box where you can attenuate the output from 100% down to 50% to drive your amp harder while keeping the volume down to a comfortable level. Finally, the prodigy can be used without a speaker cabinet for completely silent recording. This is particularly useful in small venues where the speaker cabinet on stage may conflict with the sound in the room. It is also great for silent recording where you want to take advantage of 'high power' amp distortion without upsetting the neighbors.
In order to optimize the playing experience for in-ear monitors, a dual band EQ lets you optimize bass and treble settings. Two additional 1/4" outputs enhance connectivity: The first is direct from the amp while the second is post EQ post JDX. These are used to feed additional amplifiers or effects and adjusted using the front panel level control. A second level control is used to adjust the built-in headphone amplifier for silent practicing.
Housed in 14-gauge steel to help keep magnetic radiation at bay, the Headload Prodigy features a handy carry handle plus Radial's unique book-end design that creates a protective zone around the switches and controls. The internal I-beam construction adds tremendous rigidity, protecting the sensitive PC board from being torqued which could lead to solder joints going cold prematurely.
- Load box with 100%, 50% and silent attenuation
- Let's you drive your amp hard for best tone
- JDX Reactor direct output for PA and monitors
- Built-in headphone amp for practicing
Radial Headload Prodigy Tube Guitar Amp Attenuator Specs
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive attenuation circuit with active equalization
- Frequency response: Shaped to emulate a classic guitar cabinet
- Gain: -30dB/-42dB
- Noise floor: -106dBu
- Maximum input: 130 watts continuous
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.05%
- Input / output impedance: 4 , 8 , 16 speaker load (model dependent)
- Output level max 1 KHz: +17dBu
- Output level max 20Hz: +14dBu
- Gain reduction: 100%, 50%, 0%
- Equalization: Low EQ: +/9dB @ 80Hz
- High EQ: +/9dB @ 6 KHz
- Headphone output: 400mW into 32
- Unbalanced line out: Hi-Z 1/4", pre or post EQ
- Balanced line out: 250 post EQ
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at the XLR input
- Power: Radial +/-15V 400mA power supply
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x H) 10.25 x 5.9 x 3.75" (260.3 x 149.7 x 95.2mm)
- Weight: 5.3lbs (2.4kg)
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.