The NXT 4 string fretted violin opens up a new horizon for the serious musician seeking to play a world-class electric violin on a limited budget. Crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of NS Design's renowned CR series, the NXT4 displays flawless workmanship at an incredible value.
Light weight and perfect balance are critical performance factors for any electric violin, and the NXT4 is one of the lightest electric violins on the market. The NXT4 features special carving techniques to reduce the weight of the maple body, while preserving rigidity and good looks. Ultralight tail-mounted tuners allow precise adjustment, easy string changes, and keep the balance point of the instrument close to the shoulder for maximum comfort.
Additional weight is saved by advanced Piezo technology that eliminates the need for heavy on-board batteries and circuitry. The self-powered Polar electromechanical transducer features a higher output than most active systems. The result is unsurpassed dynamic range, clarity, and sheer power. The dual mode Polar pickup responds to both lateral string vibration for bowing, and vertical vibration for pizzicato playing. (A body-mounted two-way switch lets the player change modes easily.) The resulting sound retains the essential timbres of a fine acoustic violin, but is easily modified-via on-board controls or post-processing-to suit almost any sonic palette.
The NXT is also the first NS violin to incorporate NS Design's innovative JackPot potentiometer in its volume and tone controls. Conventional passive volume and tone controls work by siphoning a portion of the output signal to ground, and continue to hold back a portion of the pickup's signal even when turned up all the way. The JackPot incorporates a rotary switch that disengages the ground when turned fully clockwise, sending 100% of the instrument's signal to the amplifier. The result is a fuller, richer tone, with more power, detail, and overall intensity.
As adaptable as it is powerful, the NXT4 adjusts easily to any violinist's style. It comes equipped with the Custom Shoulder Rest,which can be formed by the player to fit the body perfectly. The NXT can also attach to NS Design's revolutionary Balanced Shoulder Rest, which secures it effortlessly in optimal playing position. Using set screws, the rock-maple bridge can be readily adjusted to the desired action height-high and powerful, low and fast, or anywhere in between. NS Electric Strings-and all other traditional violin strings fit NS violins-allowing the player to select from many different string options, each with a unique sound and feel.
The NXT4 violin brings world-class design and craftsmanship to a surprisingly affordable price range. With a visual appearance as striking as its sound, the roadworthy NXT4 is an exciting and reliable partner for the most demanding performance career.
NS Design NXT4 Fretted Electric Violin Features
- Lighweight and perfectly balanced
- Excellent dynamic range, clarity and power
- Rich, full tone across all registers
- Visually arresting design
NS Design NXT4 Fretted Electric Violin Specifications
- Length: 540 mm (21.25")
- Width: 110 mm (4 5/16")
- Thickness: 65 mm (2 9/16")
- Weight: 4 string: 585g (20.6 oz)
- Scale length: 330 mm (13")
- Body/neck: solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (black model) or flame maple face (sunburst model) on body.
- Body reference bout: black-dyed maple bout on treble side provides standard violin reference. Easily removable for unrestricted neck access.
- Fingerboard: hand-graduated, asymmetric relief with fretted fingerboard
- Bridge: black-dyed maple, height adjustable via screws on back of body.
- Strings: NS electric strings standard. Compatible with standard violin strings.
- Precision tuning hardware: 40:1 fine tuners are mounted on the body behind the bridge for precise, stable tuning. Automatic string clamping allows for quick, easy string changes.
- Pickup: the polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either lateral string vibration (for dynamic bowing) or vertical string vibration (for remarkably even and sustained plucked/pizzicato sound, like a mandolin). A switch allows the player to choose the desired response.
- Electronics & controls: passive circuit with high impedance output, no batteries required. Volume control and tone control (treble roll off).
- Chin & shoulder rest: ergonomically designed to support the instrument securely without the left hand. The padded shoulder rest is fully adjustable for height and angle. Knobs are located within easy reach of the right hand so adjustments can be made with the instrument in playing position.
- Hardshell case: fabric covered hard foam core, 81cm (32") long, 21cm (8.5") wide, 14 cm (5.5") high, 2.7 kg (6 lb) loaded weight. Padded, form fitting interior. Holds 2 bows, shoulder rest, output cable, and extra gear.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.