RGB pads, step sequencer, repeat engine and plugin control help you create amazing beats.
The Nektar AURA is a powerful beat creation and performance instrument. AURA features 16 hyper-sensitive RGB illuminated pads, an on-board step sequencer, a flexible pad repeat engine and plugin control. It brings an exciting drum-machine-style workflow to any DAW or external MIDI setup.
With the included Nektarine 2.0 software, AURA becomes a plugin control powerhouse for VST, VST3 and AU plugins. Work it as a single multi-sound drum plugin or host a comprehensive kit using multiple plugins. Setting up AURA’s pads is fast and intuitive, with real-time auditioning. Nektarine can host up to 16 different instrument plugins at once. Each of AURA’s pads can play its own plugin. Any pad can be rerouted to a new plugin by creating a plugin slot and loading a patch or plugin directly from AURA’s browser. Pad assignments are saved as part of a DAW project/song or a Nektarine Multi-Patch for instant recall.
AURA’s Plugin mode provides instant control of hosted instrument plugin parameters. When programming drum sounds, quick access to key parameters such as pitch, decay or level is essential. Nektarine makes short work of this by auto-selecting the relevant parameters for control with AURA’s eight rotary pots, based on the last triggered pad. Nektar plugin maps ensure that even plugins with thousands of parameters have seamless control.
Nektarine 2.0 provides four FX insert slots per hosted instrument plugin. This gives up to 64 insert effect plugins per Nektarine instance. Dedicated AURA FX buttons enable selection and control of hosted effects plugins. Each Nektarine instance has another four global send effects slots. Their send levels are controlled for each instrument plugin from AURA’s mixer page. Other mixer page controls are volume, pan and mute/solo for each plugin slot.
Nektarine’s Browser is designed to manage thousands of patches. Find features like customizable tags and sorting tools, with full control from AURA. Browser settings are independent for every instrument and effect plugin slot. They are stored with a Nektarine Multi-Patch or even a DAW project/song, along with all other settings. Nektarine can be run in any DAW hosting AAX, AU, VST or VST3 plugins or as a standalone application in Windows and Apple OSX.
Pad Repeat Engine
AURA’s on-board pad repeat engine is directly accessible. It features a dedicated on/off button and settings menu. It’s a great tool for creating dynamic rolls by using pad pressure to control velocity while changing repeat rates with the RGB LED buttons. The Repeat engine is customizable. Parameters include Repeat Rate, Gate, Accent Interval, Accent Velocity Offset, Swing, Trigger Mode and Clock Source.
Hardware Step Sequencer
On pressing AURA’s SEQ button, the 16 LED buttons below the pots become the classic 16-step programming interface. 16 patterns (one per pad) with four parts, comprising of up to 16 steps each, add up to a total of 64 steps. This provides flexibility for inspired beat creation. A set of patterns can be saved in one of AURA’s 16 Collections. AURA’s sequencer is all about interaction and performance. Parts may be triggered in any combination at any time. Each pattern, and each part in a pattern, can have a different length. This simplifies the creation of interesting poly-rhythms. Many of the editing features go all the way down to step level and include play rate, velocity, accent, gate and swing. Internal and external clock modes ensure perfect sync. The sequencer may also be used stand-alone for MIDI instruments connected to AURA’s external MIDI Out.
The dedicated DAW button assigns AURA’s surface to take control of many popular DAWs. This opens up Nektar DAW integration features such as extended transport control, track selection, project navigation and more. Nektar DAW Integration software is included for Ableton Live Suite, Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Studio One and Sonar/Cakewalk. Seven transport buttons are fully MIDI assignable, including MMC commands. They can be used to set up transport control for any software not supported by Nektar DAW integration.
While AURA is designed for control of Nektarine, it can be used as a self-contained, programmable USB MIDI pad controller in Internal mode. It connects with hard- and software via USB or the MIDI output jack. 16 presets store pad and control assignments. They can be used for the 16 pads, 8 pots, 7 switches and 2 foot switch connections.
- Stores 16 Collections of 16 Patterns each
- Each Pattern with up to 4 parts for a total of up to 64 steps
- Dedicated programming interface with 16 RGB buttons and parts selection buttons
- Real-time performance features (solo, mute, instant start options and more)
- Trigger sequencer parts in any combination at any time
- Independent settings per part (play rate, step length, velocity, accent, gate, swing and more)
- Extensive editing features all the way down to step level
- Internal and external clock operation
- Latch automation on/off
- 8 adjustable real-time parameters including note length, accent level and interval and repeat rate
- Dedicated Repeat rate settings & activation buttons
- Display soft button for instant assignment of pressure to velocity
- Tap tempo feature
- Internal and external clock operation
- AAX, AU, VST or VST3 plugin version and stand-alone application for OSX & Windows
- Load any VST, VST3 and AU instrument plugins
- 16 instrument plugin slots
- Each instrument slot with choke, volume, pan, mute/solo, sends 1-4 controls
- 4 effect insert plugin slots per instrument (AU / VST / VST3 FX)
- 4 send effect plugin slots (AU / VST / VST3 FX)
- Store instrument & FX plugin patches + Nektarine Multi-Patches
- Browser Settings are remembered per plugin slot
- Handles all pad-, plugin- & patch-management with complete control from AURA
- Control page editor for customizing Nektar plugin maps or creating new ones from scratch
- Full parameter feedback: display updated in real-time
- Scale and Chords mode for building tracks
- Multi-Patch with Pad settings save as ‘Default’ load as default – all browser settings can be saved with tags for slots tag ‘kick’, slot 1, etc.
- Ableton Live Suite
- Apple Logic + Garageband
- Bitwig 8-Track + Studio
- Cockos Reaper
- MOTU Digital Performer
- Presonus Studio One
- Reason Studios Reason
- Steinberg Cubase + Nuendo
- 16 RGB color illuminated velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads
- 8 heavy duty potentiometers (360 degrees, endless)
- TFT color display with 320×240 px including 4 soft buttons
- 16 RGB LED buttons
- 8 Nektarine buttons for direct access to Patches, Mixer, Pad Setup, Plugins and more
- 6 mode buttons
- 7 Transport Buttons with LED illumination
- Fully MIDI-programmable pads, switches and pots
- 16 Presets for storing all internal settings (not required when using Nektarine)
- Rugged housing with aluminum top
- Panorama T4/T6 MIDI controller
- Studio One version 4 or higher
- Windows 7, 8, 10 or higher, Mac OS 10.7 or higher
- Dimensions: 11.85” (L) x 9” (D) x 1.77” (H)
- Weight: 3 lb
- AURA: USB class compliant (no driver needed) works with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher. Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Linux (Ubuntu)
- Nektarine and Nektar DAW Integration: Windows 8, 10 or higher. Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
Boost your creative abilities with this powerful beat composer. Order today.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.