The Lavry Gold AD122-96 MX allows clarity even when recording at full scale. The audibly superior results obtained with the MX can be a real competitive edge when recording hot.
This beautiful piece of technology boasts extremely close inter-channel matching that extends to the lowest signal levels preserves the spatial placement and depth of the stereo image. Ultra-stable internal and external clocking circuitry virtually eliminates the non-musical distortion effects caused by jitter in conversion. With unique self-calibration circuitry, conversion accuracy is maintained over a wide range of operating temperatures, and the effects of circuitry aging are minimized.
Building on the magnificent track-record of the LavryGold AD122-96 MkIII, the AD122-96 MX retains the transparency of the MkIII with the additional benefit of even more graceful handling of clipping. The MkIII has a reputation for handling clipping with less harshness than other brands of converters, and now, the MX takes this quality to a new level.
For those who utilize clipping as a method for attaining the maximum audible level on their recordings, the AD122-96 MX provides a more musical result without the loss of quality typically associated with pushing the clipping envelope. Below the highest peak levels, the MX is as linear as the MkIII; so the best qualities of the MkIII are retained for the majority of the music signal. When recording at the level where the highest peaks are clipped, the MX offers increased musicality when compared to most other AD converters.
For the same level of detail and accuracy, the MX model retains the -127dB noise floor 20-20kHz and 0.00005% distortion for signals below -40dBFS as the AD122-96 MkIII. Extremely close inter-channel matching that extends to the lowest signal levels preserves the spatial placement and depth of the stereo image. Ultra-stable internal and external clocking circuitry virtually eliminates the non-musical distortioneffects caused by jitter in conversion.
With unique self-calibration circuitry, conversion accuracy is maintained over a wide range of operating temperatures, and the effects of circuitry aging are minimized over years of use. In addition to the improved handling of clipped signals, Lavry’s exclusive selectable Soft Saturation also facilitates “hotter” recording levels without undesirable artifacts.
Soft Saturation is a digital emulation of analog tape saturation which leaves the signal completely linear below the threshold, with selectable 3 or 6dB of additional level. For signals above the threshold, the process has no attack and release time constants which could cause undesirable “pumping” or “breathing” by interacting with compression or limiting applied either before or after conversion. The MX model offers the flexibility of the Soft Saturation modes or linear operation, with the ability to handle high levels of clipping without the loss in quality common to other converters.
Lavry AD122-96 MX Features
- Graceful handling of clipping allows more apparent level without loss of musicality
- 24 bit conversion at 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz and 44.1kHz
- Unequaled detail and performance
- True -127dB noise floor
- 0.00005% Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise
- Lavry’s exclusive αcoustic βit Correction™ for wordlength reduction with dither and noise shaping
- Switchable digital soft-knee limiter, +3 or +6dB gain
- Precision reference meter bridge
- Fully programmable digital test tones for system alignment
- AES and word clock external synchronization 40-51kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- DC removal
- Absolute Polarity Inversion
- Multi-converter synchronization
Lavry AD122-96 MX PERFORMANCE
- Noise Floor at 44.1-48KHz sampling:
- -130dB ±1dB from full scale A weighted
- -126dB ±0.5dB from full scale unweighted
- Noise Floor at 96KHz sampling:
- -127dB ±1dB from full scale A weighted
- -123dB ±1dB from full scale unweighted.
- The analog signal can be amplified by 0-12dB utilizing the front panel screw adjust trim pots. Full-scale signal with 0dB gain is 24dBu, (full-scale signal with 12dB gain is 12dBu).
- Input impedance over 0-100 kHz: greater than 20k ohm (pin 2 to pin 3).
- XLR connector: AES/EBU levels into 110 Ohms for digital audio or TTL level into 110 Ohms word clock
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.