The E 8:2 Has Smart Green Credentials Delivering Low Lifetime Cost of Ownership
Building on LAB GRUPPEN’s touring reputation for sonic excellence and rock-solid durability, E Series brings a competitive edge to the installation market by adding ultra-compact size, high operating efficiency, output configuration flexibility, and an unprecedented cost-benefit ratio.
At the heart of E Series is LAB GRUPPEN’s IDEEA (IntelliDrive Energy Efficient Amplifier) technology. Based around a patented Class D variant output stage, IDEEA produces high power levels with very low distortion while drawing minimal mains current.
LAB GRUPPEN’s proprietary Rail Sensing Limiter (RSL™), also exclusive to E Series, greatly reduces signal clipping to ensure high quality audio output at all times. User configurable for Hi-Z (70 V) or Lo-Z, RSL senses rail voltages and optimizes each output for instantaneous load conditions. RSL settings also facilitate asymmetric loading of the channels to optimize performance and efficiency. Total available output power can be allocated among the channels as required by the application. This makes it possible, for example, to drive a small sub on one channel, a number of 70 V ceiling loudspeakers on the second channel. Less
LAB GRUPPEN’s IDEEA architecture secures full Energy Star compliance by combining net operating efficiency of greater than 80% with an auto-power-down feature. After 20 minutes with no input signal, the amplifier automatically switches to standby mode – with consumption of less than 1 W – and switches back on when an input signal returns.
GPIO facilities enable third-party systems to remotely control and monitor power state via contact closure.
The now proven IntelliDrive Energy Efficient Amplifier (IDEEA) platform represents the latest evolution of our amplifier design philosophies, drawing from technologies in our flagship PLM Series, to create ingenious contractor solutions with supreme green credentials.
By maintaining very low current draw during operating cycles even at high output levels, and reduced power consumption during non-operational cycles, our Energy Star qualified products harness impeccable LAB GRUPPEN sonic performance and robust power output while meeting the rigorous efficiency requirements of current Energy Star certification standards.
Optimize performance and efficiency from each individual unit - allowing the total available output power to be utilized unequally between the channels, or for mono use with all power on a single channel. Enabling you to drive a small sub on one channel and a number of 70 V distributed ceiling loudspeakers on the other.Features
- 800 W amplifier carrying 2 flexible output channels in a high power density 1 rack unit form factor saves rack space and system cost
- Energy efficient with Energy Star* certification for supreme green credentials and exceptionally low lifetime running costs
- Flexible IntelliDrive permits delivering the 2 x 400 W at constant voltage 70 V or low impedance (2, 4 and 8 Ohms) on any channel
- Asymmetric channel loading allows mixing and matching loads with different impedances to maximize overall system efficiency and inventory utilization
- High efficiency amplifier with low power consumption and minimized heat generation lowers demands on the installations' mains distribution and cooling systems
- IDEEA outputs stage based on proprietary, state-of-the-art Class-D amplifier technology for superior performance
- Comprehensive fail safe circuit protection ensures continued operation even under reduced operating conditions
- Auto-standby and auto-power-on reduces power consumption to below 1 W in non-operating cycles
- Rail Sense Limiter (RSL) greatly reduces signal clipping and ensures simple configuration for constant voltage and low impedance loads
- Built in 50 Hz high pass filter selectable per channel available on rear panel switch
- Per-channel attenuation knob and signal LED on rear panel for simple commissioning
- Efficient cooling with temperature-controlled fan with front to back airflow
- Aluminum front panel with power and temperature LEDs and per-channel signal and limit LEDs
- GPIO connector with power control and indication for further system integration
- Balanced high-quality analog inputs and amplifier outputs on detachable screw terminals
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Sweden
- Number of amplifier channels: 2
- Max total output all channels driven: 800 W
- Peak output voltage per channel: 100 V / 70 Vrms
- Max. output current: 16 Arms
Max output power (all channels driven)
- 2 ohms: 400 W
- 4 ohms: 400 W
- 8 ohms: 400 W (requires the “70 V” mode for the RSL, “Lo-Z” gives 200 W)
- 16 ohms: 290 W (requires the “70 V” mode for the RSL, “Lo-Z” gives 100 W)
- 70 V: 400 W
- 100 V: Can deliver 400 W to a 100 V load tapped at 800 W
- THD 20 Hz - 20 kHz at 1 W: <0.1%
- THD at 1 kHz and 1 dB below clipping: <0.05%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >112 dBA
- Channel separation (Crosstalk) at 1 kHz: >70 dB
- Frequency Response: 2 Hz - 40 kHz
- Input impedance: 20 kOhm
- Common Mode Rejection (CMR): 50 dB
- Output impedance: 25 mOhm
Gain, Sensitivity and Limiters
- Limit and gain switch defining limit and gain (per channel): 2 pos: Lo-Z and 70 V
- VPL for 70 V mode: 100 V
- VPL for Lo-Z mode: 56.6 V
- Sensitivity for stated power into 4 Ohm in Lo-Z mode: 4 dBu
- Sensitivity for 70.7 V out in 70 V mode: 4 dBu
- Sensitivity for stated power into 2 Ohm in Lo-Z mode: 1 dBu
- Sensitivity for stated power into 8 Ohm in 70 V mode: 2.1 dBu
- Sensitivity for stated power into 16 Ohm in 70 V mode: 3.7 dBu
- Gain in 70 V mode: 35.2 dB
- Gain in Lo-Z mode: 30.3 dB
- Level adjustment (per channel): Rear panel potentiometer, from -inf to 0 dB
Connectors and Buttons
- Input connectors (per ch.): 3 - pin detachable screw terminals, electronically balanced
- Output connectors (per ch.): 2 - pin detachable screw terminals
- High pass filter: Fixed at 50 Hz, switchable per channel
- Power control: Can be used to go between standby and ON
- GPI (power control input): Contact closure type, 2-pin detachable screw terminal, controls the power state
- GPO (power state output): Contact closure type, 2-pin detachable screw terminal, for external monitoring of the power state
- Cooling: Single fan, front to rear airflow, no filter required, temperature controlled speed
- Nominal voltage: 100 – 240 VAC
- Operating voltage: 70 – 265 VAC
- Standby consumption: <1 W
- Mains connector: IEC inlet
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.