The Gyraf Audio Gyratec 10 is a true tube stereo compressor based on the classic variable-mu principle. This method - controlling the gain by altering quesient current in differential tube pairs - is much faster than the optical method. The speed is why it was widely used in early limiter devices such as the Fairchild 670 or the Universal Audio 176, but the sonic byproducts of this topology are the main reasons why it is so popular today.
The controls on the Gyraf Audio Gyratec 10 are as follows
- The input level pot is positioned right after the input transformers, thus allowing you to control the input level, the “drive” for the compressor.
- The Threshold pot controls at what level the compression will set in. Turning counter-clockwize will select a lower start point, resulting in more compression. When turned fully clockwize, the compression is deactivated.
- The Ratio pot controls the amount of compression in relation to changes in the input level, that is, for the part of the signal that exceeds the threshold value that is set. Setting Ratio fully counter-clockwize will deactivate compression.
- The Attack pot controls the time the compressor takes to react to a rising input level.
- The Release pot controls the amount of time it takes from the input signal falling below threshold, to the gain reduction being returned to unity.
- The Output level pot controls the signal level to the output driver stage and the output.
- The Bypass switch bypasses the unit completely. A relay simply takes out the active electronics and shorts the input to the output connectors.
- The G10 is floating, transformer balanced in and out. Input impedance > 10K Ohm, output impedance < 1K Ohm.
- It is based on a very short true-differential signal path from input to output, using very, very tightly selected PCC189 (7ES8) remote-cutoff dual triodes for the VCA stages, and E88CC (6DJ8) low-noise triodes as cathode followers for the output stage drivers. Both tubes are still fairly easily available throughout the world.
- Although semiconductors and opamps are used in this unit, they’re confined to powersupply and sidechain functions. At no time will your audio pass through anything but transformers, tubes and passives.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.