This is the way audio components were built before integrated circuits became available. The subjective sound quality delivered by vintage equipment is often prefered over the one delivered by modern units, a situation that is even more obvious now when music is recorded with clean-sounding digital audio equipment.
The circuit used in the PRE-73 DLX is similar to the preamp section in the classical 1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
Golden Age Project Pre-73 DLX Microphone Preamplifier Features
- Vintage Style electronic. No integrated circuits in the signal path.
- Maximum gain on the mic input is 80 dB, enough to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources.
- Gain range on the Line Input: -20 to +10dB.
- Switchable impedance on the mic input, 1200 or 300 ohms, will change the tone of many mics.
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase.
- A high impedance instrument input for any sound module, electric guitar or bass.
- A simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter.
- The output level control makes it possible to make fine gain adjustments and also to overload the main gain stage(s) for more character and then lower the signal to a suitable level before the output stage.
- Combo XLR/TRS input jacks and separate output XLR and TRS jacks for flexible connectiosn.
- Inser jack for inserting EQ's and other units.
- External high power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers.
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use.
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path.
- Selectable 1073-style high pass filter, 50, 80, 160 and 300 Hz.
- Output Attenuator -7, -14, -21 and -28 dB (located after the output transformer) allows overdriving the output stage and the output transformer for added character by lowering the output signal to a suitable level.
- The circuit board is prepared for Carnhill Mic and Line transformer and high pass inductor.
- The Insert jack can be switched in/out from the front panel. An internal jumper can select that the Insert jack always has an output signal.
- Switchable 600 ohm Output Termination and Ground Lift on the back panel.
- Selectable Active or Passive DI input and selectable input impedance in active mode, Hi Z or 100 kohm, by internal jumpers.
- The DI signal can be selected to pass or bypass the mic input transformer by internal jumpers.
- Relays are used to control internal switching for DI input, Phantom power, Mic Low Z, Insert and Phase for shorter circuit board signal paths. The relays are controlled by front panel switches.
- Revised gain switch for added headroom.
- Circuit board star grounding scheme.
- Revised power supply with separate regulators for the audio circuits and relay and LED circuits.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.