The Electro-Faustus Drone Thing puts 6 individually controlled oscillators at your fingertips. An electronic hurdy-gurdy for the 21st century!
1. Power. This switch powers the unit on/off. The indicator LED will turn on
2. Volume. This controls the overall volume of the oscillators
3. Pitch Control. The Drone Thing contains 6 polyphonic oscillators. Each of the 6 knobs controls the pitch of an individual oscillator. The first oscillator (left most knob) is an LFO. It’s frequency is lower than the remaining 5. This can be used to create interesting rhythmic patterns when used in conjunction with the other oscillators. Turning the knobs clockwise will increase the pitch
4. Oscillator On/Off. The oscillators can be turned on/off individually. They are On in the Up position and Off in the Down position.
5. Tone. This is a Low Pass Filter. Turned Counter-Clockwise, all higher frequencies will be cut. The Tone will be very bass-like. As you turn Clockwise, the tone will become brighter and more trebly.
6. Power Starve. It essentially throttles the amount of power going to the IC chip. When turned CounterClockwise, only a small amount of power will go to the chip. This can create some interesting white noise type sounds. When turned Clockwise, full power will be going to the chip. The oscillators will generate a more typical square wave frequency
Start with the Power Starve in the full Clockwise position. Then begin turning the 2 leftmost oscillators on. With the Pitch Control, try and tune them to the same frequency. Moving rightward, begin to turn the other oscillators on one by one. Try tuning them to the same frequency or an octave or two higher. Some very complicated drones can be created. Once you have found a good sounding drone, experiment by turning down the first pitch control knob. You should hear different patterns developing. You may also notice that different textures of sound will develop as you turn up the volume. Experiment with different external effects and have fun!
The Drone Thing is powered by 9V Power Supply only (not included). It uses a standard Boss style - center negative – supply.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.