The DMC-8D is our largest MIDI controller, combining the comprehensive control of the DMC-6D with two extra buttons for tap tempo and a “favorite” preset. The DMC-8D can fully control up to four connected MIDI devices with preset mapping, tap tempo, expression, bypass, and more. It offers up to 120 presets that combine patches on all of your MIDI devices, a full looper mode for the Strymon Timeline or Line 6 M9 / M13, and preset control of additional devices such as amplifiers or switching systems. The DMC-8D works seamlessly with the Disaster Area DPC-5, DPC-8EZ, or DPC-4EZ, transforming into a full master controller for your MIDI and non-MIDI devices alike.
If you use software sequencers / DAWs such as Ableton Live, Mainstage, etc. we offer a firmware version that can control these applications. The DMC-8D can launch clips, control the transport, send expression to any automatable parameters, and more.
We also offer Elektron Octatrack firmware, which works with the Pickup Machine on the Elektron Octatrack. It allows control of start / rec, sequencer start / stop and lock, next track, previous track, tap tempo, and expression pedal control of the crossfader.
Disaster Area Designs DMC-8D MIDI Foot Controller Specifications
- Dimensions: 10″w x 2″ h x 2.5″ d
- 8-pin DIN MIDI OUT (phantom power compatible)
- USB MIDI + firmware update
- Two 1/4″ expression control input (TRS,) assignable to several destinations including expression and looper level.
Disaster Area Designs DMC-8D MIDI Foot Controller Features
Ableton / DAW Version
- 20 banks with 6 commands each for launching clips, activating controls, etc. (15 banks in 8-button mode.)
- Separate All Access bank with 6 dedicated commands, available from any other bank (8 commands in 8-button mode.)
- Extender switch input configurable as a dedicated button (same for all modes,) bank down, or as buttons 8-button mode.
- Expression pedal inputs configurable to send MIDI CC 1-127.
- Operates on any MIDI channel 1-16.
- 30 preset banks with 4 presets each, for a total of 120 combined presets.
- Each preset can engage or bypass up to 4 MIDI devices on any available program.
- Strymon Timeline compatible looper control mode – record / overdub, play / stop, undo / redo, pre/post looper location, half speed, and reverse controls.
- Scrolling mode for changing presets on up to four MIDI devices. One additional MIDI device may also be controlled with its own MIDI channel such as a DPC-8EZ.
- Expression inputs send expression to up to five connected devices such as Timeline, Mobius, BigSky, Timefactor, H9, M5, etc.
- Dedicated looper level expression input (assignable to expression for any connected device)
- Dedicated tap tempo switch sends taps to all connected MIDI devices
- Tap tempo button allows latching “freeze” or “infinite” hold for BigSky
- Favorite Switch allows an editable “Favorite” preset for all five connected devices
- MIDI Note Send – each preset sends one MIDI note for triggering clips in Ableton Live, Mainstage, etc.
- Optional Expression Roller may be fitted to right or left side. This is tied internally to Expression A, and the roller is disabled if an expression pedal is plugged into Expression A.
- USB MIDI bridges to DIN MIDI, MIDI sent over USB from a connected host Mac or PC is transmitted to DIN-connected devices. Use this to send MIDI program changes when a new clip is launched.
- Bright blue 4-digit display
- 9VDC or USB powered, 64mA max
- 8-pin MIDI jack for phantom power over MIDI cable, compatible with AxeFx
- Custom firmware available for your specific application, please ask.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.