Dangerous Music's Master brings the amazing analog sound and functionality of previous Dangerous boxes to the mastering world with a truly unique approach that will give your projects an edge over your competitors. Three insert points are front-panel switchable for integrating external analog processing and there's something special lurking behind the "S&M Width" knob. With the S&M button depressed, Master engages a "Sum or Minus" mode that lets you control the stereo spread and much more. Every mastering engineer that incorporates outboard gear into their rig needs a Master!
Dangerous Music Master
- Powerful processing at your fingertips
Powerful processing at your fingertips
There's truly nothing quite like Master. The S&M functionality adds a remarkable element to your mastering arsenal. Imagine being able to modify the frequency content of the program material residing in the left/right aspects of the stereo field without changing the spectrum of the center material. With Master, you can. Hit the S&M button, activate insert #2 with a stereo EQ connected, and you can work wonders with the sound. Say the vocals (panned center) sound fine in the mix, but you'd like to brighten the guitars and cymbals a bit (which reside in the left and right panning positions). S&M lets you remove the center material temporarily so you can process the extreme left and right signals without coloring the center material. The S&M Width knob can also let you modify the width of the overall stereo field. How's that for having flexibility!
From left to right, you've got L/R Level controls, three buttons that trigger the insertion of outboard gear in the signal path, a button that individually selects which inputs are being processed, a button that triggers Stereo or Middle Sides mode on insert 2, and a button that selects whether the Monitor Output jacks have the Input or Output signal sent to the monitor section. Next up is the Input Monitor Offset. This is very handy to match the input and output levels to listen to the effect of processing without the level difference clouding one's judgment. The engineer can also match input and output level, look down at the scale, and determine the relative gain obtained from the mastering process. This control has a scale of -2 to +8dB in 0.5 dB steps. The S&M Width was covered in depth in the previous paragraph. Lastly, the Output level control dictates the final level that passed on to the A/D convertor.
Dangerous Music Master Features
- The centerpiece of your mastering rig.
- Dangerous has an unparalleled legacy of designing custom gear for top engineers and premier facilities around the world.
- Equip your mastering room with the same gear used on platinum hits.
- Transparent, yet musical signal path will translate across every playback system.
- Flexible gain-staging for accurate before and after comparisons.
- M/S processing for tricks like compressing the center (vocals, bass, snare, kick) and not collapsing the stereo image.
- Expandable by adding the Liaison (not included).
- All connections are Balanced XLR, +4dBu nominal operating level
- 2 stereo inputs
- 3 stereo outputs (one for monitoring)
- 3 insert loops
- 2nd insert capable of MS matrix operation
- Input and Output controls: +/ - 5dB in 0.5dB steps
- Input Monitor Offset: -2 to +8dB in 0.5dB steps
- Width control: -4 to +6dB in 0.5dB steps
- Frequency response: Better than 0.2dB down @ 1Hz and 100kHz
- Noise floor: < -89dBu total energy in the audio band
Every mastering house needs to get Dangerous with Master!
Dangerous Music Master Tech Specs
- Type Analog
- Channels 2
- Inputs - Line 4 x XLR
- Outputs - Main 2 x XLR (Main 1), 2 x XLR (Main 2), 2 x XLR (Monitor)
- Send/Return I/O 6 x XLR (Send), 6 x XLR (Return)
- Rackmountable Yes
- Height 10"
- Width 17"
- Depth 22"
- Weight 28 lbs.
Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.