The Coles 4038 studio ribbon microphone was originally developed by the BBC as a broadcast microphone. Recognized for its wide, flat frequency response and high sensitivity, the 4038 quickly became a valuable tool in the recording studio as well as broadcast applications. The pressure gradient ribbon transducer is capable of withstanding high sound pressure levels without distortion and the bi-directional (figure 8) polar pattern provides a uniform pick up response at either side of the diaphragm. The bi-directional pattern proves valuable when capturing multiple singers, musical instruments, ambiance capturing and more. The smooth, rich sonic detail of the 4038 has the made the microphone a classic among some of the recording industries most celebrated engineers.
The Coles 4038 Studio Ribbon Microphone is a British Broadcasting (BBC) design for broadcasting and recording applications. It is used where a clear smooth wide range frequency response, absence of transient distortion and relatively high sensitivity is essential.
The 4038 is a proven performer, and is in use around the world by broadcasting networks such as the BBC as well as top engineers and studios on hit recordings.
Frequency response of the 4038 is exceptionally flat from 30 to 20,000 Hz and throughout this range the shape of the bi-directional (figure of eight) polar response is maintained substantially constant both in the horizontal and vertical planes, giving a natural sonic quality with smooth frequency response.
Coles 4038 studio ribbon microphone Features
- Pressure gradient transducer ribbon microphone
- Substantially flat frequency response from 30 to 15,000 c/s
- Extremely low (non-linear) distortion
- Exceptionally low hum pick-up
- Bi-directional (figure of eight) polar curve shape accurately maintained in both horizontal and vertical planes
- Excellent transient response
- Natural clear balanced response to sound signal
- Body shape to enhance acoustic performance
- Clear natural high fidelity sound reproduction
- Smooth sonic textured response
- All microphones factory tested in free field conditions
Coles 4038 studio ribbon microphone Specifications
- Ribbon: Low mass damped ribbon to control transient response
- Polar Response: Bi-directional
- Magnetic Fields: By use of hum neutralizing wiring and magnetic shielding of the toroidal ribbon to line transformer 30 to 40 dB reduction is achieved in response to stray disturbing magnetic fields
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz to 15,000 Hz
- Impedance: 300 ohm
- Sensitivity: -65 dB W.R.T. IV/Pa
- Distortion: Less than 1% at 125 dB SPL
- Connection: By means of 4069 3 pin jack plug. Pin 1 positive - Pin 2 negative - Pin 3 screen
- Body Housing: Made of heavy gauge perforated brass backed by finely woven Monel mesh. Rotating hinge connection allows microphone to tilt through 90° and turned in any direction when either suspended or free standing
- Dimensions: 7¼" (197 mm) x 3¼" (83 mm) x (61 mm).
- Weight: 2 lb. 6 oz. (1.08 Kg).
- Finish: Black stove enamel textured paint
Coles 4038 studio ribbon microphone Packaging
Each microphone comes in a foam lined rigid plastic carrying case with 4069 jack plug, and soft cloth protective bag, for safe keeping.
Coles 4038 studio ribbon microphone Accessories
- 4071B Mic to stand adapter with XLR
- 4069 to XLR
- 4072 Anti-vibration mic to stand adapter
- Soft cloth protective bag
- Foam lined rigid plastic carrying case
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.