The Coles 4038 studio ribbon microphone was originally developed by the BBC as a broadcast microphone. Recognized for its wide, flat frequency response and high sensitivity, the 4038 quickly became a valuable tool in the recording studio as well as broadcast applications. The pressure gradient ribbon transducer is capable of withstanding high sound pressure levels without distortion and the bi-directional (figure 8) polar pattern provides a uniform pick up response at either side of the diaphragm. The bi-directional pattern proves valuable when capturing multiple singers, musical instruments, ambiance capturing and more. The smooth, rich sonic detail of the 4038 has the made the microphone a classic among some of the recording industries most celebrated engineers.
The Coles 4038 Studio Ribbon Microphone is a British Broadcasting (BBC) design for broadcasting and recording applications. It is used where a clear smooth wide range frequency response, absence of transient distortion and relatively high sensitivity is essential.
The 4038 is a proven performer, and is in use around the world by broadcasting networks such as the BBC as well as top engineers and studios on hit recordings.
Frequency response of the 4038 is exceptionally flat from 30 to 20,000 Hz and throughout this range the shape of the bi-directional (figure of eight) polar response is maintained substantially constant both in the horizontal and vertical planes, giving a natural sonic quality with smooth frequency response.
Coles 4038 studio ribbon microphone Features
- Pressure gradient transducer ribbon microphone
- Substantially flat frequency response from 30 to 15,000 c/s
- Extremely low (non-linear) distortion
- Exceptionally low hum pick-up
- Bi-directional (figure of eight) polar curve shape accurately maintained in both horizontal and vertical planes
- Excellent transient response
- Natural clear balanced response to sound signal
- Body shape to enhance acoustic performance
- Clear natural high fidelity sound reproduction
- Smooth sonic textured response
- All microphones factory tested in free field conditions
Coles 4038 studio ribbon microphone Specifications
- Ribbon: Low mass damped ribbon to control transient response
- Polar Response: Bi-directional
- Magnetic Fields: By use of hum neutralizing wiring and magnetic shielding of the toroidal ribbon to line transformer 30 to 40 dB reduction is achieved in response to stray disturbing magnetic fields
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz to 15,000 Hz
- Impedance: 300 ohm
- Sensitivity: -65 dB W.R.T. IV/Pa
- Distortion: Less than 1% at 125 dB SPL
- Connection: By means of 4069 3 pin jack plug. Pin 1 positive - Pin 2 negative - Pin 3 screen
- Body Housing: Made of heavy gauge perforated brass backed by finely woven Monel mesh. Rotating hinge connection allows microphone to tilt through 90° and turned in any direction when either suspended or free standing
- Dimensions: 7¼" (197 mm) x 3¼" (83 mm) x (61 mm).
- Weight: 2 lb. 6 oz. (1.08 Kg).
- Finish: Black stove enamel textured paint
Coles 4038 studio ribbon microphone Packaging
Each microphone comes in a foam lined rigid plastic carrying case with 4069 jack plug, and soft cloth protective bag, for safe keeping.
Coles 4038 studio ribbon microphone Accessories
- 4071B Mic to stand adapter with XLR
- 4069 to XLR
- 4072 Anti-vibration mic to stand adapter
- Soft cloth protective bag
- Foam lined rigid plastic carrying case
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Singapore , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Singapore are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Singapore to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer (Monday-Friday). You will receive a Paypal invoice (request for payment) from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
Will my shipped order be delivered safely and securely?
All paid orders are shipped with FEDEX and are marked as "fragile" to ensure that your ordered items are securely and safely handled prior to final delivery. All orders are dispatched with protective casing and packaging to further protect your ordered item(s) during transit to your delivery address. All orders require signature upon delivery to ensure that your order is delivered to the correct recipient at the correct address , apartment number etc. If you are unavailable at the time of delivery your order will be held at the local FEDEX center and a calling card left at your delivery address to organise re-delivery or pickup.
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "email@example.com" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
What are our hours of operation?
Stock inventory and order related enquiries are monitored and responded to everyday excluding major public holidays (Monday-Sunday). Orders are physically shipped during standard FEDEX hours (Monday-Friday , excluding major public holidays). Paypal invoices for order processing are issued Monday-Friday excluding major public holidays.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with other retailers be aware that their prices may not include international or domestic FEDEX shipping costs.