The Chameleon Labs Carnhill 7603-XMod channel strip gives you Class A clean mic gain and British-sounding tone shaping at an intermediate price. This rackmountable unit makes a great front end for your vocals, kick drum, or bass guitar, and also adds real analog thump and shimmer to your previously recorded takes - great for working out of the box. The 7603-XMod is an update to Chameleon Labs' first-ever product, the 7602, and sounds better than ever thanks to discrete EQ op-amps, Carnhill UK input and output transformers, and a custom internal power supply (no wall wart) to keep this unit running at its peak.
Chameleon Labs 7603-XMod Microphone/Line Preamplifier
- An update to the Chameleon Labs 7602
- Inductor-based EQs provide musical tone shaping
- MuMetal casing protects signals from interference
A update to the Chameleon Labs 7602
Pro and project studios have sung the Chameleon Labs 7602's praise since its release. This was one of the first affordable channel strips to bring the coveted 1073 pre/EQ sound to the masses. Chameleon Labs have made the 7602 even better in the all-new 7603-XMod channel strip. For starters, they gave the 7603-XMod its own proprietary internal power supply for solid performance without the wall wart. They've also upgraded this XMod with Carnhill input and output transformers for better grounding, richer mic gain, and a fuller-sounding DI. Finally, gain staging is even easier in the 7603-XMod thanks to a backlit VU meter with custom ballistics for a precision response.
Inductor-based EQs provide musical tone shaping
Sound professionals all over the world rely on inductor EQs from legends like Robert Neve for their musical-sounding boosting. The 7603-XMod's 3-band inductor EQ section is intuitive to use and easy on the ears, letting you sweeten vocals and goose guitars instantly in the midst of any busy session with a distinctly British flavor. These three EQ modules each feature discrete op-amps true to their vintage designs. Additionally, an onboard highpass filter lets you tune out rumble and HVAC noise that can eat up your bandwidth. Tone purists here at AudioBuy applaud Chameleon Labs for giving the 7603-XMod an EQ in/out toggle for sonic versatility.
MuMetal casing protects signals from interference
The 7603-XMod has excellent shielding to keep interference from degrading your signal. The MuMetal chassis does a great job of keeping Wi-Fi, RFI, and other wireless signals from tarnishing a performance.
Chameleon Labs 7603-XMod Microphone/Line Preamplifier Features
- Identical to the 7603, but upgraded with UK Carnhill input and output transformers
- Classic 1970s analog British sound
- A musical front end for your mics, instruments, and DI signals
- Class A mic preamp with +70dB of gain and low distortion
- 3-band inductor EQ with discrete op-amps for powerful analog tone shaping
- Highpass filter keeps unwanted rumble from muddying your mix
- Proprietary power supply delivers solid performance without the wall wart
- MuMetal chassis keeps out Wi-Fi, RFI, and other wireless signals
- Color-coded milled aluminum knobs keep you organized
- Mic/line, +48volt phantom, polarity, and EQ in/out toggles
- Switchable 300/1200-ohm mic impedance provides the best sound for your dynamics and condensers
- VU meter with custom ballistics delivers precision performance
The classic 1970s analog British sound at a competitive price: the Chameleon Labs 7603-XMod!
- Preamp Type Solid State
- Number of Channels 1
- Frequency Response 10Hz - 20kHz -0.5dB 10Hz - 50kHz -1dB 10Hz - 20kHz -0.5dB 10Hz - 50kHz -1dB 10Hz - 20kHz -0.5dB, 10Hz - 50kHz -1dB
- Phantom Power Yes
- EQ Yes
- Analog Inputs 2 x XLR (Mic/Line), 1 x 1/4" Hi-Z
- Rack Spaces 1U
- Manufacturer Part Number 7603 XMod
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
All imported musical instruments into Singapore are not subject to duty. Generally, all goods imported into Singapore are subject to GST whether they are dutiable or not. GST is calculated on the CIF value plus the duty payable (if any) at the point of importation (Based on the total price of ). Products of a total value not exceeding SGD 400 on the CIF value may be imported without payment of duty and/or GST.
Customs import tax/duty rate chart based on previous imports into Singapore (3%)
|Order Value||Tax (Approx)||Delivered|
|SGD S$200||SGD S$0||SGD S$0|
|SGD S$500||SGD S$15||SGD S$515|
|SGD S$1000||SGD S$30||SGD S$1030|
|SGD S$3000||SGD S$90||SGD S$3090|
|SGD S$6000||SGD S$180||SGD S$6180|
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Singapore , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Singapore are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Singapore to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.