The Quartet for iPad & Mac from Apogee is a four-input/eight-output USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface, which when paired with an optional ADAT Lightpipe equipped expander, allows for streaming up to twelve channels of audio into an Apple computer, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. It features four microphone preamps with 75 dB of gain and combo XLR/TRS inputs for connecting microphones, instruments, or line-level signals.
Two TOSLink optical inputs, besides providing the option of eight-channel ADAT Lightpipe input, when used together support SMUX for higher sample rate audio transfer. The rear panel houses six analog 1/4" TRS line-level outputs, a Wordclock output, and dual USB ports. One USB port is for connection to the Mac or iOS device, and the other supports USB MIDI input and output. A side panel 1/4" TRS jack provides independent headphone output.
The balanced 1/4" outputs allow for referencing audio on up to three separate sets of monitors. Three "QuickTouch Pads" with LED highlight rings above the main controller knob can be assigned to different functions, such as mute and sum-to-mono. They can also be used to switch the analog outputs on or off, facilitating sound comparison on different kinds of speakers. Two color OLED displays supply detailed metering and other information, including gain level, headphone volume, and phantom power status.
Apogee Maestro software for Mac and iOS provides low latency monitoring and control of Quartet. The unit features special circuitry that makes a direct digital connection to iPad and iOS devices and is certified by Apple's MFi (Made for iOS) program. The Quartet is also able to charge an iPad for uninterrupted recording and mixing. With hundreds of music apps for iOS and iPad available and plug-and-play functionality, making music on these portable devices is easier than ever.
- Multi-channel audio interface for iPad
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with new iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini (Apple's Lighting to 30-pin adapter required - sold separately)
- Works with GarageBand, Auria, MultiTrack and any Core Audio compliant app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton and any Core Audio compliant app on Mac
- Low-latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee's Maestro software (iOS and Mac)
- MIDI input/output (USB-A type connector)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192 kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- Four analog inputs with microphone preamps and selectable 48V phantom power
- ADAT/SMUX digital inputs
- Monitor control of up to three speaker sets
- Independent 1/4" stereo headphone output
- QuickTouch pads for input/output selection and advanced control
- Built with die-cast aluminum, steel and a scratch-resistant display panel
- Input type selection and level control
- Microphone preamp level control
- Speaker, headphone selection, and volume control
- Low-latency monitoring
- Clock source, sample rate setting
- Minimized tool bar view with System Status, volume controls, mute and clear meters buttons
- Comprehensive metering
- Intuitive audio routing
- Soft Limit and phase invert on each input
- Connect up to four microphones, instruments, keyboards or line inputs
- Plug in a MIDI controller or keyboard
- Expand with up to eight digital inputs via ADAT Lightpipe
- Monitor and mix in stereo with up to 3 sets of speakers, or in 5.1 surround
- USB 2.0 high-speed connectivity
- With advances in the Apple's Core Audio driver, USB 2.0 performs faster and with lower latency than FireWire 400
- While USB 3.0 offers approximately ten times the bandwidth of USB 2.0, USB 2.0 far exceeds the bandwidth Quartet requires for its potential twelve inputs and eight outputs
- Ergonomic, angular design and intuitive user interface make the unit a perfect studio control center for a Mac computer or iOS device
- Dual full-color screens for critical input and output detail
- QuickTouch Pads for easy I/O selection
- Single, large controller knob
- Converters designed to deliver unadulterated recordings and a stellar listening experience
- Efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path that results in transparent recordings
- Feature the latest components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the 0 to 75dB gain range
- Allows for dialing in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software
- Deliver ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail
- Suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones
- Eight channels of digital input via two ADAT optical connectors
- Connect an additional analog-to-digital converter with microphone preamps for additional inputs
- SMUX support for higher sample rate digital audio
- Wordclock output for synching an external A/D converter to Apogee's clock
- Six balanced 1/4" TRS outputs allow for listening and comparing stereo mixes on up to three sets of speakers
- Mix audio or Final Cut video projects in 5.1 surround
- In live situations use all three stereo sets on stage, sending signal to the performer, the monitor mixer and front-of-house
- Studio-quality 1/4" headphone output independently adjusts headphone levels separate from the main outputs
- Dedicated USB MIDI I/O connection for connecting a CoreMIDI compatible keyboard, synthesizer or DJ controller
- Leaves a USB port available on a Mac for external hard-drives and other devices, eliminating the need for an external MIDI interface
- Duet 2 users can add more channels of Apogee conversion to their existing setups by adding Quartet
- Connect both Quartet and Duet 2 to a Mac's USB ports and aggregate the two devices for a combined total of six analog inputs and twelve analog outputs
- Two high-resolution OLEDs deliver all the visual feedback critical for recording and monitoring
- Without looking at a computer, Quartet displays metering, levels, grouping and phase, muting, phantom power and Soft Limit for all inputs and outputs
- Easily access all important recording and monitoring functions
- Tap a QuickTouch Pad on the top panel to select an input or output and easily adjust level with the controller knob
- All input and output touchpads feature an LED highlight ring (the ring of the active touchpad is brighter)
- Three additional configurable touchpads (labeled A, B, C) allow for quick access to output functions such as Mute Outputs, Dim Outputs, Sum to Mono, Clear Meters or Engage Speaker Set selection
- Each function can be assigned to a touchpad using a drop-down menu within Apogee's Maestro 2 application
- A, B, C selectors can be configured in Apogee's Maestro software to switch between up to three pairs of speakers allowing the Quartet to function like a standard monitor controller
- Prevents digital clipping that causes distortion by instantaneously rounding off transient peaks before they hit the analog-to-digital converter
- Allows for several more decibels of apparent level to be recorded while subtly providing an analog-like warmth to the sound
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Singapore , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Singapore are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Singapore to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer (Monday-Friday). You will receive a Paypal invoice (request for payment) from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
Will my shipped order be delivered safely and securely?
All paid orders are shipped with FEDEX and are marked as "fragile" to ensure that your ordered items are securely and safely handled prior to final delivery. All orders are dispatched with protective casing and packaging to further protect your ordered item(s) during transit to your delivery address. All orders require signature upon delivery to ensure that your order is delivered to the correct recipient at the correct address , apartment number etc. If you are unavailable at the time of delivery your order will be held at the local FEDEX center and a calling card left at your delivery address to organise re-delivery or pickup.
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "email@example.com" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
What are our hours of operation?
Stock inventory and order related enquiries are monitored and responded to everyday excluding major public holidays (Monday-Sunday). Orders are physically shipped during standard FEDEX hours (Monday-Friday , excluding major public holidays). Paypal invoices for order processing are issued Monday-Friday excluding major public holidays.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with other retailers be aware that their prices may not include international or domestic FEDEX shipping costs.