The Quartet for iPad & Mac from Apogee is a four-input/eight-output USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface, which when paired with an optional ADAT Lightpipe equipped expander, allows for streaming up to twelve channels of audio into an Apple computer, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. It features four microphone preamps with 75 dB of gain and combo XLR/TRS inputs for connecting microphones, instruments, or line-level signals.
Two TOSLink optical inputs, besides providing the option of eight-channel ADAT Lightpipe input, when used together support SMUX for higher sample rate audio transfer. The rear panel houses six analog 1/4" TRS line-level outputs, a Wordclock output, and dual USB ports. One USB port is for connection to the Mac or iOS device, and the other supports USB MIDI input and output. A side panel 1/4" TRS jack provides independent headphone output.
The balanced 1/4" outputs allow for referencing audio on up to three separate sets of monitors. Three "QuickTouch Pads" with LED highlight rings above the main controller knob can be assigned to different functions, such as mute and sum-to-mono. They can also be used to switch the analog outputs on or off, facilitating sound comparison on different kinds of speakers. Two color OLED displays supply detailed metering and other information, including gain level, headphone volume, and phantom power status.
Apogee Maestro software for Mac and iOS provides low latency monitoring and control of Quartet. The unit features special circuitry that makes a direct digital connection to iPad and iOS devices and is certified by Apple's MFi (Made for iOS) program. The Quartet is also able to charge an iPad for uninterrupted recording and mixing. With hundreds of music apps for iOS and iPad available and plug-and-play functionality, making music on these portable devices is easier than ever.
- Multi-channel audio interface for iPad
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with new iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini (Apple's Lighting to 30-pin adapter required - sold separately)
- Works with GarageBand, Auria, MultiTrack and any Core Audio compliant app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton and any Core Audio compliant app on Mac
- Low-latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee's Maestro software (iOS and Mac)
- MIDI input/output (USB-A type connector)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192 kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- Four analog inputs with microphone preamps and selectable 48V phantom power
- ADAT/SMUX digital inputs
- Monitor control of up to three speaker sets
- Independent 1/4" stereo headphone output
- QuickTouch pads for input/output selection and advanced control
- Built with die-cast aluminum, steel and a scratch-resistant display panel
- Input type selection and level control
- Microphone preamp level control
- Speaker, headphone selection, and volume control
- Low-latency monitoring
- Clock source, sample rate setting
- Minimized tool bar view with System Status, volume controls, mute and clear meters buttons
- Comprehensive metering
- Intuitive audio routing
- Soft Limit and phase invert on each input
- Connect up to four microphones, instruments, keyboards or line inputs
- Plug in a MIDI controller or keyboard
- Expand with up to eight digital inputs via ADAT Lightpipe
- Monitor and mix in stereo with up to 3 sets of speakers, or in 5.1 surround
- USB 2.0 high-speed connectivity
- With advances in the Apple's Core Audio driver, USB 2.0 performs faster and with lower latency than FireWire 400
- While USB 3.0 offers approximately ten times the bandwidth of USB 2.0, USB 2.0 far exceeds the bandwidth Quartet requires for its potential twelve inputs and eight outputs
- Ergonomic, angular design and intuitive user interface make the unit a perfect studio control center for a Mac computer or iOS device
- Dual full-color screens for critical input and output detail
- QuickTouch Pads for easy I/O selection
- Single, large controller knob
- Converters designed to deliver unadulterated recordings and a stellar listening experience
- Efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path that results in transparent recordings
- Feature the latest components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the 0 to 75dB gain range
- Allows for dialing in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software
- Deliver ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail
- Suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones
- Eight channels of digital input via two ADAT optical connectors
- Connect an additional analog-to-digital converter with microphone preamps for additional inputs
- SMUX support for higher sample rate digital audio
- Wordclock output for synching an external A/D converter to Apogee's clock
- Six balanced 1/4" TRS outputs allow for listening and comparing stereo mixes on up to three sets of speakers
- Mix audio or Final Cut video projects in 5.1 surround
- In live situations use all three stereo sets on stage, sending signal to the performer, the monitor mixer and front-of-house
- Studio-quality 1/4" headphone output independently adjusts headphone levels separate from the main outputs
- Dedicated USB MIDI I/O connection for connecting a CoreMIDI compatible keyboard, synthesizer or DJ controller
- Leaves a USB port available on a Mac for external hard-drives and other devices, eliminating the need for an external MIDI interface
- Duet 2 users can add more channels of Apogee conversion to their existing setups by adding Quartet
- Connect both Quartet and Duet 2 to a Mac's USB ports and aggregate the two devices for a combined total of six analog inputs and twelve analog outputs
- Two high-resolution OLEDs deliver all the visual feedback critical for recording and monitoring
- Without looking at a computer, Quartet displays metering, levels, grouping and phase, muting, phantom power and Soft Limit for all inputs and outputs
- Easily access all important recording and monitoring functions
- Tap a QuickTouch Pad on the top panel to select an input or output and easily adjust level with the controller knob
- All input and output touchpads feature an LED highlight ring (the ring of the active touchpad is brighter)
- Three additional configurable touchpads (labeled A, B, C) allow for quick access to output functions such as Mute Outputs, Dim Outputs, Sum to Mono, Clear Meters or Engage Speaker Set selection
- Each function can be assigned to a touchpad using a drop-down menu within Apogee's Maestro 2 application
- A, B, C selectors can be configured in Apogee's Maestro software to switch between up to three pairs of speakers allowing the Quartet to function like a standard monitor controller
- Prevents digital clipping that causes distortion by instantaneously rounding off transient peaks before they hit the analog-to-digital converter
- Allows for several more decibels of apparent level to be recorded while subtly providing an analog-like warmth to the sound
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
All imported musical instruments into Singapore are not subject to duty. Generally, all goods imported into Singapore are subject to GST whether they are dutiable or not. GST is calculated on the CIF value plus the duty payable (if any) at the point of importation (Based on the total price of ). Products of a total value not exceeding SGD 400 on the CIF value may be imported without payment of duty and/or GST.
Customs import tax/duty rate chart based on previous imports into Singapore (3%)
|Order Value||Tax (Approx)||Delivered|
|SGD S$200||SGD S$0||SGD S$0|
|SGD S$500||SGD S$15||SGD S$515|
|SGD S$1000||SGD S$30||SGD S$1030|
|SGD S$3000||SGD S$90||SGD S$3090|
|SGD S$6000||SGD S$180||SGD S$6180|
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Singapore , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Singapore are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Singapore to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.