RCA 44 ribbon microphones have remained an essential part of studio life well after RCA stopped manufacturing them in 1955. The sound and response of the 44 B/BX were unlike anything else available, and was cherished for its smoothness, forgiving nature and unique tonal balance. As collectors began to buy up the supply of RCA 44's through the 90's, the availability of this wonderful ribbon mic to the studio was greatly endangered.
The 44 was RCA's best microphone from the 1930s into the '50s. Is AEA's R44CE that good? Both listeners and measurements say that the R44 is better and AEA has been listening to both users and ex-RCA engineers for over 25 years. They start by using only ribbon material originally manufactured for RCA. This is the best way to ensure that AEA's R44CE ribbon mics are as close as humanly possible to vintage RCA 44s. The R44CE sports a black transformer case with white emblem logo and one-piece cushion mount, satin nickel grill, and formed steel yoke with a satin nickel finish. The R44CE comes with a hard-wired three meter starquad XLR output cable and AEA 44VC vertical carrying case for proper shipping and storage.
Next, they use modern magnet technology which is much more robust than period magnets. AEA also combined the original American undamped ribbon design with the British RCA 44 innovations that lower the weight and hum sensitivity. The R44CE design runs contrary to all current ribbon microphone manufacturing. It is large and heavy when other microphones are smaller and lighter. The internal ribbon element is by far the longest and its resonance tuning the lowest of today's ribbon microphones. It is a pure undamped ribbon design, an approach that has been out of production for over 50 years while remaining in continuous studio use. It is different, and its sound is unique. The R44CE sounds good on everything. Leave it out and use it whenever you need to do a quick take.
AEA R44 Classic Ribbon Mic Features at a Glance
- An accurate reproduction of the original RCA Ribbon Mic
- Uses the same ribbon material as the original
- Built to the highest studio standards possible
- A single diaphragm Figure 8 ribbon microphone
- High null-axis rejection
- Custom AEA Transformer
- High SPL capability, max level of 140dB plus above 200Hz
- Low Self Noise
- Consistent polar response
- Operable in high humidity environments
- Sounds equal to or better than the original RCA 44
- Operating Principle: Velocity microphone
- Frequency Response: Below 30 Hz to above 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 140 + dB SPL above 200Hz for 1% third harmonic
- Output Sensitivity: 2.25 mV / Pa into unloaded circuit
- Output Impedance: 270 ohms broadband
- Recommended Load: 1.2 K ohm or greater
- Powering: Not required or recommended
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure on the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M wired to a 3 meter captive cable
- Polar Pattern: Native bi-directional pattern
- Horizontal: Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, -90 dB null at 90 / 270 degrees
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0/180 degree axis, null at 90/270 degrees
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 microns ( .0000018 meter ) of pure aluminum
- Ribbon Width: 4.7 mm
- Ribbon Length: 59.7 mm
- Accessories Included: Custom storage/shipping case, stand adapter, manual and attached 3-meter microphone cable
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
All imported musical instruments into Singapore are not subject to duty. Generally, all goods imported into Singapore are subject to GST whether they are dutiable or not. GST is calculated on the CIF value plus the duty payable (if any) at the point of importation (Based on the total price of ). Products of a total value not exceeding SGD 400 on the CIF value may be imported without payment of duty and/or GST.
Customs import tax/duty rate chart based on previous imports into Singapore (3%)
|Order Value||Tax (Approx)||Delivered|
|SGD S$200||SGD S$0||SGD S$0|
|SGD S$500||SGD S$15||SGD S$515|
|SGD S$1000||SGD S$30||SGD S$1030|
|SGD S$3000||SGD S$90||SGD S$3090|
|SGD S$6000||SGD S$180||SGD S$6180|
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioBuy when buying gear online in Singapore , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Singapore are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy Singapore to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.