AEA N22 Microphone
The AEA N22 microphone was designed with the singer-songwriter musician in mind. Artists work hard at honing their musical craft for many years, and they have probably spent a considerable sum of money on their instrument. They feel strongly about their personal tone, which they have developed over many hours of practice, so they are willing to invest into a microphone that translates their tone in recording. Nonetheless, they can’t and don’t want to invest into a giant mic locker, but rather need to fulfill all their recording needs with just a few pieces of gear. The new AEA N22 delivers on exactly those key points – providing a great ribbon tone without the need for EQ in most applications, flexibility, and ease of use in home recording setups. Most importantly, the N22 was designed by listening first, and measuring only after experienced musicians and engineers told us the microphone sounded great. At $899 street price it doesn’t break the bank, but delivers a handcrafted, US-made microphone that was built to last throughout a musician’s career. Bridging the gap between vintage and modern, ribbon and condenser, studio and live, the N22 is the perfect companion for musicians and engineers alike.
AEA N22 Ribbon Microphone Features
- Increased upper-midrange to make instruments cut through in a busy mix and to bring out critical sound characteristics of voices and stringed instruments without the need for EQ.
- Reduced proximity effect to allow extreme up-close miking without boominess
- Highly protected ribbon to allow close-up miking without pop-filters, and wind protection live sound use
- Phantom-powered design for optimal performance with a wide range of preamps
- Uses the same 2.35” long Big RibbonTM that AEA microphones have built a reputation on, continuing the RCA legacy
- Sturdy design that is easy to use and that works with third-party clamp mounts
- New custom, German made transformer with exceptional bandwidth, distortion, and consistency performance
- Smaller form factor that is easier to use with lightweight stands and in tight miking situations
- Uncolored, well-behaved Figure-of-8 pattern
Acoustic guitars (6/12-string, banjo, etc.)
- Well-defined tone without the need for EQ
- No excessive bass build-up at close proximity like with classic ribbon mics
- Figure-of-8 pattern works exceptionally well in singer-songwriter applications with live guitar and live vocal performed at the same time.
- Cut through in a busy mix without getting edgy thanks to low-tuned ribbon.
- Great wind protection allows vocal recording without pop filter.
- Reduced proximity effect allows close-up use without excessive bass.
- Exceptional tone right off the bat without any low-mid build-up even when used right up on the grill of a guitar cab.
- Highly protected ribbon allows very SPL levels.
- Modern tone combining the classic low-mid qualities of a ribbon with great upper mid definition.
- Well balanced for snare drums, toms, hi-hat, and small percussion.
- Figure-of-8 pattern offers exceptional bleed rejection in many applications.
- Sturdy construction and highly protected ribbon that can take a beating.
- Phantom-powered buffer drives long mic lines and gives consistent sound.
- Small footprint makes it easy to position the mic and allows placement in tight setups.
- Reduced proximity effect means that the mic may be used at very close-up distances without excessive bass.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.