Each channel features a -20dB pad; two selectable tone switches for four possible tones on each channel; 60db gain for use with next-generation ribbon mics; and Cinemag input transformers coupled with custom-wound output transformers, delivering the low noise and top-quality sound you demand from a high-end preamp. Additional features include balanced combo XLR/1/4” inputs, true VU meters, phantom power, polarity switches, and front-panel, line-level input jacks.
Built to audiophile-quality standards with a price tag well below other boutique preamps in its class, the MP-2A has no integrated circuits in the signal path—it relies solely on discrete components, namely tubes, film capacitors, and custom transformers. To maintain the integrity and purity of its sonic signature, bells and whistles are kept to a minimum. This serves two purposes: First, the more switches in the circuit path, the more sound quality can be negatively affected. Second, by keeping only necessary features, costs are kept down and your money goes where it really counts: sound quality.
Unlimited “Sweetspot” and Tonal Variation
With many preamps, you’ll find that they tend to have only one setting where you hear “the magic.” Move past it, and the magic is gone. The problem with a single-setting sweetspot is that you can’t always run the preamp at that setting, since the strength of the input signal will vary from sound source to sound source. Not so with the MP-2A! Thanks to its fixed-gain amplifier with output attenuator, you get consistent behavior (the magic) whether the MP2-A is turned up or down. It also provides polarity switches, which allow you to record a stereo sound source out of phase in order to enhance stereo imaging, or tame overwhelming bass via cancellation. Factor in the tone switches that give you a palette of four unique sonic flavors on each channel, and you can easily see why we say you could make an entire record with just this one incredibly versatile preamp.
A-Designs Audio MP2A Tube Pre Amp Features
- All-tube design
- Selectable tone switches offer four sounds per channel
- 60dB gain allows use of next-generation ribbon mics
- EF86 input tubes/6N1P output tubes
- Cinemag input transformers and custom-wound output transformers
- True VU meters
- Dual level controls
- -20dB pad switch (per channel)
- Polarity switch (per channel)
- Toroidal power transformer
- Balanced XLR I/O and 1/4” direct injects
- Custom-milled faceplate, solid vented metal frame (2U rack size)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 60kHz
- Gain range: 0 – 60dB
- Distortion THD: > .08 @ 1kHz
- Noise (EIN): -128dBu
- Input impedance: 1.4k ohm
- Phantom power: +48V switchable power source
- Mic input phase: 0-180” (switchable)
- Instrument input: 1/4” phono
- Instrument input impedance min: >100k ohm
- Output impedance: 600 ohm, switchable to 10k ohm
- Maximum output level: +22dBu
- Output: Low-Z, transformer-balanced
- Power requirements: 100/120/230 VAC – 42W
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 19” x 3-1/2” x 10”
- Weight: 18 lb.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.