The A-Designs Hammer couldn't be easier to use. Its overall frequency range covers 30Hz to 15kHz. Each channel features six rotary controls: three frequency selector knobs (Lo, Mid, Hi) which are detented for easy recall, each with an accompanying gain knob providing continuously variable boost or cut of 12dB. Each band has a selectable center frequency, and overlaps with the other bands in such a way that makes for a seamless transition throughout the entire spectrum. Each channel also features individual toggle switches for EQ In/Out as well as Lo Cut (84Hz) and Hi Cut (8kHZ), filters that allow engineers to perform utilitarian EQ chores while still being able to bring the full power of The Hammer's three bands to bear.
Mainly intended as a "broad stroke" equalizer, the HM2EQ's bandwidth (Q) is self-adjusting (floating), based on a combination of the amount of gain applied and the dynamics and frequency content of the program material. The Hammer's unique ability to have its Q "move with the music" is one the keys to its incredible musical performance, and is another reason why it's difficult to make the Hammer sound bad at any frequency or gain setting.
Along with its innovative tube-harmonic filtering circuit, a pair of carefully selected 12AT7 tubes (offering the most consistent control of any tube) and a custom heavy duty toroidal power transformer add the final touches to the Hammer's signal path.
Like its twin - the A-Designs "Nail" compressor - the Hammer features a black, custom-milled, brushed faceplate sporting custom-milled aluminum control knobs, a heavy-duty Carling toggle power switch, and a big blue jewel power indicator lamp- overall, a stunning combination of modern-retro looks that jump out of the rack.
The Hammer is an inspired design whose sonic signature is far greater than the sum of its components. Perfectly happy in tracking applications or as an insert effect on individual channels, it is the ultimate full-range finishing device for sub-mixes and master outputs.
After all, what audio toolbox would be complete without a Hammer?
A-Designs Audio HM2EQ Hammer Equalizer Features
- World-class, three-band, dual-mono tube/hybrid equalizer
- Designed to sound highly musical for larger EQ functions typically found on expensive mastering
- Smooth, super-fidelity EQ, suitable for very high-end applications
- Beautiful-sounding broad EQ-shaping across several octaves with no adverse effect on tone
- Clean and airy high end
- Warmth, transparency, and quality sound
- Continuously variable boost and cut controls
- Fixed frequency settings with highly musical overlapping bands and floating “Q”
- Low-cut and high-cut filters and bypass
- Transformer-less 12AT output tubes
- Custom-milled aluminum knobs and faceplate with EQ in/out, low-cut, and high-cut toggle switches
- Heavy-duty Carling power toggle switch
- Frequency Response: -3dB points @ 5Hz and 40kHz
- Noise Floor -94dbm with 30kHz bandwidth
- Low boost: +12dB; cut: -12dB
- Mid boost: +12dB; cut: -12dB
- High boost: +12dB; cut: -12dB
- Low-frequency switch: 30Hz/50Hz/100Hz/200Hz/300Hz/400Hz
- Mid-frequency switch: 250Hz/500Hz/1.2kHz/1.6kHz/2kHz
- High-frequency switch 2.5kHz/3.5kHz/5kHz/7.5kHz/10kHz/15kHz
- Low-cut filter: 84Hz
- High-cut filter: 8kHz
- Bandwidth (Q): Floating
- Distortion +4dBm • Power Requirements: 120/230 VAC – 42W
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 19” x 3-1/2” x 10”
- Weight 10 lb.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , we offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in Singapore , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or request more information about the .
- Buy products with confidence.
- We ship to all major regions in Singapore.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact us for detailed information about our terms , conditions and warranty.
AudioBuy Singapore ship all stocked orders Monday to Friday. All online orders are carefully packed and insured before dispatch. Our customers are very important to us and we will work with you until final delivery to ensure you're completely satisfied.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.